Hi lovelies! I’ve been extra busy in the past week but I thought I’d share this yummy recipe with you. Hope you enjoy!
What you need
- One sweet potato (or two, or how many the heck you want)
- One ripe avocado
- Two tomatoes
- Spring onions
- Olive oil
- Nutritional yeast
What to do
- Slice the potato(s) length-wise and stab it with a fork. This will make it cook faster.
- If you’re vegan, surely you know how to bake a sweet potato. What else do you live on?? Just kidding. Put the potato in the oven at 200°C for about 45 minutes. When it’s ready it will make bubbles, but you can always poke it with a fork from time to time to check if it’s turning soft.
- While you wait, finely chop the spring onions and heat them up in a pan with some olive oil.
- Wash the tomatoes and finely chop them as well, removing the seeds (you can leave the seeds if you want, I just find they make the salsa too moist).
- Set the chopped tomatoes aside in a bowl and add the salsa, parsley, olive oil, and the spring onions that should be all nice and ready by now.
- Get your avocado, peel it and mash it with a fork. You should end up with some sort of puree.
- Add some nutritional yeast (duh) and black pepper.
- When the sweet potato is ready, take it out of the oven and made the cut a bit wider. Pour a layer of tomato salsa on it and top it up with the avocado.
This is what it should look like:
I hope you enjoyed! Don’t forget to also watch the video here