What you need
- Sweet potatoes (as many as you want)
- A pack of soy mince (I got mine from Tesco but there are quite a few you can choose from, Holland&Barrett also have a good one)
- Tomato passata
- Olive oil
- Salt, black pepper and paprika (optional)
What to do
- Slice the sweet potatoes length-wise and stab them a few times to make them cook faster. Then bake them in the oven at 200°C for about 45min.
- If your mince is frozen, I suggest you defrost it in the microwave first. If not, just put it aside for now.
- Chop up some onions and heat them up in a pan with some olive oil.
- Chop up the carrots and the celery and set them aside.
- I like my onions to be a bit overcooked, so I would wait until they turn brown before adding the carrots and the celery, but if you don’t mind your onions to be on the raw side, feel free to add in the chopped carrots and celery straight away.
- Mix well adding a bit of water if needed. I’d also add salt, black pepper and a little bit of paprika at this point.
- When the veggies are turning soft, it’s time to add the mince. Stir everything together until soft.
- Add the tomato passata and stir well.
- If the mince is ready before the sweet potatoes, just cover it up while you wait.
- When the sweet potatoes are all nice and soft, take them out of the oven and cut them open. Then pour the mince on top and stuff your face in it!
Also check out the video here! Have a nice evening guys!