Good morning or evening depending on where you live, lovely people!
Today I bring you the epitome of my cooking randomness, which shows that 1. I have no idea what I’m doing when I step into the kitchen (but most of the time I somehow end up with some ugly-looking but edible creations), and 2. I’m not very good at coming up with creative recipe names.
What you need
- One aubergine
- Some mushrooms
- Cebolla maaaaan
- A bunch of rice (I used brown rice)
- Coconut cream
- Olive oil
- Curry powder
What to do
- If you’re lazy like me, park your rice in a rice cooker and let it be. You can also cook it in a pot, but you’ll have to keep an eye on it and keep it stirred or whatever.
- While the rice is cooking, fry up some onion in a pan.
- Chop up the aubergine and mushrooms. I used a whole aubergine and a bunch of white button mushrooms, but this depends on what rice-to-veggie ratio you are looking for.
- When the onion is turning a lovely golden brown, chuck the aubergine and mushrooms in the pan.
- In a separate bowl, pour some coconut cream (I used half a can for what turned up to be three abundant portions). Add some curry powder and turmeric and stir until you have a lovely brownish-yellow cream.
- When the veggies look almost ready, pour the coconut cream in the pan, give it a stir and keep on cooking until nice and mushy.
- When the rice is ready, you can either add it to the pan and mix it wih the coconutty veggies, or serve it as a side. (I mixed the whole thing because I like my meals to look like dog food. In fact, yeah maybe serve it as a side.)
- Dig in!
I was also too lazy to take step-by-step pictures so all you get is an Instagram screenshot. I’m horrible.